Express Scripts Patient Care Technician in Fairfield, Ohio
Serves as an inbound call taking licensed pharmacy technician to assist with efficient resolution of member and client related issues. Assists members directly with the resolution of home delivery and pharmacy benefit issues. This includes resolving protocols, order replacements and restarts, emergency order expedites, non-clinical Rx questions, and any other relevant functions that require pharmacy technician intervention. Effectively navigates and multi-tasks in several home delivery systems. Documents issues and resolutions in a common database. Escalates issues as necessary.
- Resolves home delivery exceptions (protocols) that are affecting order progression
- Assume ownership of member concerns or issues and provide resolution utilizing available resources and tools
- Practices within the scope of their license and triages clinical concerns to pharmacist
- Maintains professional licensing requirements including continuing education
- Maneuvering through several different systems including eSD, rumba, TMW
- Outreach to medical doctor’s office to assist ESI in obtaining prescription(s)
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 0-1 years relevant experience
- Retail or Hospital Pharmacy Technician experience preferred, but not required
- Valid Pharmacy Technician license / certification/ registration as required by state laws
- Basic drug knowledge and Dispensing Practice Guidelines (DPG) preferred
- Basic math skills and general PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills desired
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Ability to learn internal systems, processes and programs as needed
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of complex specialty therapies and processes
- Ability to handle high stress situations
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong time management skills
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of helping to achieve a more sustainable health care system and better health for all. Members of this team are on the front line every day – interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.