Express Scripts Patient Care Advocate, Call Center in Dublin, Ohio
This position will contact physician offices via phone and/or fax regarding patient prescriptions. May request medication conversions or resolve corrections needs on the prescription. Contact patients to educate and provide cost savings information relative to prescription conversion programs. Read, review, evaluate and take action on all post data entry exception orders, utilizing and recording outcomes in Express Scripts’ systems. Work collaboratively with other technicians and pharmacists in a team environment to process orders efficiently. Work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Review post data entry exception orders via systems and paper flow..
- Research and obtain data from appropriate systems to prepare requests for proper next steps, i.e. edit to complete step therapy, brand to generic switching, and/or formulary conversions.
- Utilize system workflow on appropriate next actions to move prescriptions through the workflow.
- Contact physicians via phone and/or fax to request conversions where needed.
- Contact patients to educate on benefits and details regarding step therapy and formulary conversions and to obtain permission to work with their doctor where required.
- Document outcomes in appropriate systems.
- Work collaboratively with other technicians and pharmacist to process orders efficiently through Trend Management.
- Research and resolve customer/client issues within the department.
- Assist other pharmacies when needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Up to one year of relevant customer service experience
- Call center experience preferred
- Work shift Monday-Friday, 9:00a-5:30p (no weekend or holiday schedules)
- Working knowledge of PC Applications (i.e. Microsoft office, Internet)
- Ability to navigate through the multiple systems simultaneously
- Ability to cut, copy and paste information between systems
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within pharmacy practices helpful
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving as well as positive results in patient/customer satisfaction
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learns quickly, and makes decisions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision using solid professional judgment
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere with a high degree of cooperation, teamwork, and focus on group success
Would you like to learn more about this role? Please CLICK HERE to learn more about the PCA in Dublin.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our work-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.