Express Scripts Supervisor, Pharmacy Technician - Accredo in Byfield, Massachusetts
Responsible for day-to-day operations of a team of technicians.The Pharmacy Supervisor monitors productivity and performance standards, plans and directs work flow and project assignments.Oversee production volume to ensure service standards are met. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.Responsible for team’s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies.Works with the Pharmacy Manager to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for the team.Recognizes and recommends operational improvements.
- Schedule and monitor staff and day to day workflow.
- Develop employee’s skills, evaluate performance and provide feedback.
- Oversees resolution of employee relations.
- Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Develop, track and monitor employee’s compliance to quality, service and production standards.
- Monitor prescription turnaround time so that internal standards and client performance guarantees are met.
- Assist Pharmacy Manager in monitoring costs to ensure compliance with cost to fill goals.
- Address staff concerns and day to day operational, system, customer service, quality, and professional issues.
- Work in production as needed.
- Implement programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided.
- Work with Pharmacy Manager to analyze operations and overall efficiencies of the pharmacy.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve.
- Represents pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Assist Inventory Department with the set-up and maintenance of the drug file.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 6 to 8 years of experience.
- 0-2 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email.
- Strong knowledge of current pharmacy regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to effectively develop, train and coach less experienced team members with the patience to explain details and processes repeatedly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, make independent decisions.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of ESI’s systems, platforms, products/services very helpful.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak times.
- Ability to travel.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran