Express Scripts Sr. Clinical Pharmacist in Bloomington, Minnesota
The Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Drug Evaluation Unit is responsible for developing clinical evaluations and key clinical assessments for new therapies, new indications, and utilization management clinical policies on traditional and specialty pharmaceuticals. This pharmacist will support the provision and documentation of accurate and timely drug information requests and will serve as clinical content expert for consulting with various evaluation and approval committees. The Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Drug Evaluation Unit will be responsible for working cross-functionally with other areas within the Office of Clinical Evaluation & Policy, as well as other Express Scripts departments, including Formulary Management, Product Development, and Utilization Management to develop new clinical strategies and support of clinical initiatives. When appropriate, pharmacists will represent Express Scripts at internal and external meetings based are areas of clinical focus and job responsibilities.
- Prepare formal drug evaluation documents of new and existing drug products.
- Perform on-line literature search and other necessary information retrieval in order to critically evaluate the safety, efficacy and comparative efficacy analysis of the product.
- Evaluate the literature and other drug information, including those for similar products, to develop and support clinical recommendations.
- Present clinical information and evaluation at Therapeutic Assessment Committee.
- Provide thought leadership and clinical input.
- Help strategize for new clinical programs and evaluation of new clinical information.
- Communicate clinical information to internal/external customers as needed.
- Develop and maintain clinical content for clinical programs and services (e.g., Prior Authorization, Step Therapy, Formulary Exceptions Policies and other clinical programs).
- Research, develop, and revise therapy class reviews and other clinical documents in support of the formulary development process.
- Serve as a drug information resource including preparation of verbal and written responses to requests for drug information.
- Pharm D Degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Current Pharmacist License.
- Standard Microsoft Office set, advanced research skills.
- Knowledge of PBM industry preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations, synthesize data and clinical information through research.
- Working knowledge of pharmacy practice issues and challenges.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.