Express Scripts UX Research Lead in Austin, Texas
The UX Research Lead will focus on running and expanding our Voice of Customer survey research programs. This includes web and app feedback surveys, tracking surveys, and ad hoc survey and research requests. These programs measure experience quality and provide feedback into all parts of the organization on ways to improve the experience we deliver. This role requiresspecialized knowledge of social science and significant experience to participate in analytical, experimental, investigative and other technical fact-finding work for defining feature behavior or enhancements for significant portions of the user experience supporting product development; receiving guidance in only the most complex situations. The researcher will use qualitative or quantitative tools to identify business trends and uncover user experience problems through observational or behavioral data analysis as needed.
- Design and execute Express Scripts digital VOC and NPS programs as part of the UX research and Member Experience programs.
- Manage current voice of customer listening surveys and implement new surveys using Qualtrics
- Be a Qualtrics SME and teach the tool to others. This includes the questionnaire design, web, and in-app intercept functions.
- Manage vendor relationships
- Analyze data, generate insights and provide recommendations for how to improve user/customer/member experience
- Perform specialized theoretical and experimental scientific and technological investigation toward the acquisition of new knowledge (e.g. moderating interviews, usability, focus groups, contextual evaluations, diary studies; design and program surveys).
- Present findings and implications (from a single study or a combination of multiple studies and/or data sources) to stakeholder audience. Actively looking for ways to share insights with a broader internal audience on studies and latest industry trends.
- Apply specialized knowledge of social science, design, health information technology, and eCommerce best practices to identify both tactical and programmatic research needs. Define testable hypotheses that are relevant to the business and design approaches to addressing general user experience and product marketing questions. Use multiple data sources and types (i.e. qualitative and quantitative) to turn insights into innovative solutions for future implementations.
- Investigate and socialize new technology, processes, and/or research approaches. Lead this initiative within the research team or ESI as a whole (e.g. accessibility, product market research, usability best practices).
- Be a customer advocate, with a familiarity of competitive experiences and ESI research findings that you are able to apply toward expert evaluation of internal products and ensuring teams have a clear picture of the end users of the experience
- Work closely with various stakeholders (e.g. product, design, development) to produce high quality, innovative designs that leverage research insights; providing solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree preferred
· 8-12 years relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
·Deep expertise using and implementing Qualtrics surveys and web feedback projects preferred
· Experience independently conducting formative and summative research in support of product development preferred
· Training in psychology, anthropology, human factors, HCI, market research, or a similar discipline and an interest in applying that training to product design and/or service delivery preferred
· Quantitative researchers preferred - Expertise inQualtrics, SQL, Excel, R or Python (or SPSS); All- Proficient in MS Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; All - strong written and verbal communication skills for research communication and design recommendations
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy melding the here and now with the future – and charting the path to get there? Our strategy and programs team is on the ground level, leading design and implementation of technology delivery and organizational models. From strategizing on innovative technologies and Agile methodologies, to new governance and funding models and identifying strategies to attract remarkable talent, this group drives a key component of our success. Vision and execution starts here.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.