Express Scripts Sr. Pega Software Development Engineer in Austin, Texas
The Sr. Pega Software Development Engineer has proven their ability to architect, design, develop and implement highly scalable and reliable IT systems. This position will focus on solutions that enable the Center Operations organization and provide an enhanced patient and physician experience and strongly influence the Specialty patient and physician digital strategy. In addition, this position will focus on data transition design and overall project delivery of all Specialty data transformation initiatives within the Specialty technology area.
- Execute application architecture through working with delivery teams to enable the efficient and optimal use of ESI’s technology assets, ensuring adherence to ESI’s IT Strategy, Guidelines and Architecture Transformation.
- Continuously evaluate industry standards, best practices and technology trends for their ability to support and enhance the goals of ESI’s business.
- Provide in-depth technical consultation to business partners and IT management/development to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies
- Perform long term and on–the–fly evaluations of solutions based on scenarios, outcomes and risk assessments.
- Review, identify and provide performance recommendations to delivery, capacity planning and systems administration teams.
- Perform financial assessments of platform changes and enhancements.
- Work with technology partners (clients and vendors) to enable ESI’s enterprise model. Inclusive of coordinating technology sharing / training sessions and preparing guideline documentation
- Direct the creation of reusable technology components within ESI’s enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for large scale implementations and transformations through managing multiple stakeholders at all levels (business, technical and regulatory); understands and addresses organizational barriers.
- Work with leaders of cross-functional teams sharing process improvements including engineering, system test, product management, operations, and quality.
- Engage in production support research and resolution recommendations, as required
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years’ experience.
- 3+ years of Pega ecosystem experience is required (preferably 5-7 years)
- Must have Pega CSA certification (Certified System Architect)
- Strong Plus if additionally certified as Pega CSSA, or optimally as CLSA
- 3+ years’ experience with Pega Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO) process.
- Able to identify and optimally define process flows and use cases during DCO process
- Understanding of the Pega Smart BPM methodology and the Pega Rules process
- Object Oriented experience is a strong plus
- Focus areas for this role will include the contact centers and overall patient and physician-focused engagement within the Healthcare industry. Experience in these areas is a strong plus
Other software development experience, including SOFEA/ MULE, J2EE, ReactJS, Spring Boot, Oracle forms, Oracle PL/SQL, Eclipse, iOS, .NET, HTML5, design patterns and software development experience, is a plus
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.